Enter the exciting and rewarding healthcare field by becoming a medical assistant. Medical assistants work directly with patients, helping with everything from taking vital signs and explaining treatment protocols to administering injections and scheduling lab tests.
In partnership, California State University of San Marcos (CSUSM) and Vista Community Clinic (VCC) offer a comprehensive Medical Assistant Training Program. Below are three reasons this training program can be beneficial for you.
1. Prepare for certification
- In this training program offered by CSUSM and VCC, you will develop front office and back office skills, and participate in professional development workshops, leading to a CSUSM certificate of completion and the preparation needed to sit for the California Certified Medical Assistant Exam.
2. Get real experience during your training
- A critical component to the rigor of the Medical Assistant Training Program is the requirement of an internship and an externship. In addition to placements at Vista Community Clinic, students can be placed at Community Health Systems, Inc. (CHSI) Fallbrook, North County Health Services, Neighborhood Healthcare, Vista Family Health Center and many other locations.
3. Fast, affordable program
- The Medical Assistant Training Program offered by CSUSM and VCC is just six months, with convenient classes meeting Monday and Wednesday evenings and full-day Saturdays.
Take your next step to enter the healthcare field with CSUSM and VCC’s Medical Assistant Training Program. To learn more or to register, visit csusm.edu/el/medicalassistant, call (760) 750-4004 or email email@example.com.